One of the most essential disciplines as a Christian is to have regular revelations in your walk with Christ...
All believers need to be stirred and refreshed weekly to keep their Faith strong, pure and alive. We often experience a thousand discouragements a week and consequently need to constantly be in the word, worship and presence of God (private and corporate) to stay strong in faith.
NIV - Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but blessed is he who keeps the law.
NLT - When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful.ESV - Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law.
This proverb is one of the better known of the many proverbs in the book of wisdom but sadly the least practiced. The truth is you can have a head full of theology but no POWER in your spirit. Revelation keeps us centered in Christ and alive in our spirit.
Scripture warns us that human nature is to become complacent and settle in our walk with God. When believers stop having God ENCOUNTERS and discover new revelations of who Jesus is they begin to ‘cast off restraint’ or ‘run wild’.
In the Old Testament, many of the prophets warned the people to turn back to God and repent after receiving fresh revelation. They tapped into the true spiritual condition of the land and boldly spoke to the people who had abandoned God’s law.
Without prophetic revelation people lose touch with God, backslide and finally perish forever separated from God. Why? Because of lack of knowledge. “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. . . . [They] have forgotten the law of God” (Hosea 4:6).
In all honesty, I can’t guarantee that you will still be following Jesus when you stop having God encounters. Many believers backslide by simply being distracted by the things of the world and place priority with God from No. 1… to 2… 4… 8…12…. until He no longer becomes a priority.
So what brings personal revelation? Simply taking time out of our busy world and going to the secret place of PRAYER. It is getting a word from God in every season and unlocking heaven into our spirit regularly which will ensure that we ENDURE as believers at a time when many are turning away.
Revelation is the FIRE to your faith which brings your spirit alive and makes you unstoppable in your world of influence. A fresh new lease of life comes within you. No argument or negative circumstance can take away your revelation easily. Revelation releases the RESOURCES of heaven, for example:
- When you are healed of sickness by the revelation of Christ as healer, no one can argue against it.
- When God provides the dream job and abundant provision at a time of great need, no one can argue against it.
- When your personal world is falling apart and God is your shield and sword and comes through for you, no one can argue against it.
- When God silences your enemies and critics in one day on your behalf, no one can argue against it!
The position of our HEART determines what you receive from God. A negative, wounded and critical spirit will receive little from God. But a cheerful, expectant and soft heart will DOWNLOAD the mysteries of Heaven, fresh ideas, creativity and words of knowledge for others.
When you get a revelation TRUTH becomes alive to you! Lies are uncovered and strongholds of negative mindsets peel away. Jesus said when you know Him you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free (John 14:6). The Truth of Jesus Christ is often the FIRST revelation we receive but it can not stop here.
What are the 7 revelations we need to regularly receive to endure in the Faith?
1) Identity in Christ - Get a REVELATION of the cross and what it accomplished for you personally. That it was your sin, your shame and your judgement that Jesus took for you. That because of the Cross you are perfectly forgiven, justified and righteous before God (Rom 3-5).
2) The Father Heart - Get a REVELATION of God’s unconditional love for you which is not dependent upon works, success, appearance, being perfect or popularity. Your identify, value, belonging and purpose are found in the Father Heart, nothing else. Upon this foundation will your faith endure when the storms of life come (Matt 7:24).
3) Power of Prayer - Get a REVELATION of the power of prayer. We renew our PURPOSE in the secret place of prayer. Beware of your thoughts and mindsets. This is important as our mindsets are so powerful. They reflect the condition of our heart and open or close heaven over our lives. Often the loudest voice wins at the end of the day, so pray until something happens. Take the 30 minute challenge of just speaking in tongues and let your confession only be of faith. Finally if all else fails, speak what is not into existence! (Rom 4:17)
4) Power of the Word - Get a REVELATION of the power of the Word of God. Scripture is where revelation starts. Read until He speaks to you. Believers who willingly and earnestly submit themselves to the word of God are naturally blessed in all they do. ‘All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable’ (2 Tim 3:16).
5) Power of your Faith - Get a REVELATION of the power and authority of your faith. Faith lived effectively is strong, immovable and above circumstances. It has substance, meaning it can be seen and touched. Jesus said many times ‘according to your faith let it be’. Whatever measure of faith you have is what you can only receive. The unseen is very real - what happens in the spiritual directly effects the physical (Matt 18:18).
An easy example to measure it is Faith with $100 value can easily take hold of a $50 need, possibly for a $150 need, but not a $10,000 need. Our Faith should grow every year to the point where we can cash in to the bank of heaven and withdraw during a time of great need for ourself and others.
6) Fear of the Lord - Get a REVELATION of the fear of God, which is reverence towards His greatness and power. A healthy holy fear is essential to living in obedience to His commands where love for God does not always motivate. 'Without holiness no one will see the LORD' (Heb 12:14).
7) Living for Eternity - Get a REVELATION that our life is merely a vapour compared to eternity when we pass from this life to the next. Everything that we do now has eternal ramifications. Live for the Kingdom of God and investing your life into the local church which is heavens vehicle on earth (Matt 6:33).
This week get a fresh revelation from God and seek Him in prayer. Knowledge is power and revelation is INVINCIBLE to your faith. Share what you have received with others and discover anew the wonderful mysteries and blessings we can access with our relationship with Christ.