31 December 2014
15 November 2014
23 September 2014
25 August 2014
If our dark side is an area we are not willing to deal with, God in His goodness and mercy will deal with us personally. Sometimes it is only when the pain of sin is greater than the need for change do people take action. Sin is by nature deceiving and over time will harden our hearts against God. All sin is bondage and a lie we first believe, that only truth will set us free from. Therefore, regular confession, repentance and submission to God through obedience will keep us on the road to freedom.
30 July 2014
28 June 2014
A.W Tozer, pastor and author (1897–1963)
05 May 2014
He was such a man of grace, compassion, strength and courage. Never have I met a man who loved the unlovable. Who was so willing to give to those in need. Who boldly faced the dictators of the Pharisees. And who was so obedient to the call of God. He was Love in flesh to everyone He met - the poor, the broken, the sick and despised.
Never did slander or hatred come out of His mouth. He was not moved by the opinions of others or insecure when those closest to Him were hostile. He was content to have no personal possessions or listen to the empty amusements of the day.
We ate together, we laughed, we fellowshipped and we cried. It was the ultimate adventure those first 3 years! We travelled to every village in Israel and saw with our own eyes miracles of healings, demons being cast out, and the dead raised. We heard Him preach incredible messages of the Kingdom and parables that were mysteries of profound understanding. Many wished they could be so close to Jesus like me and the disciples.
We didn't understand the full reality of His words until after His resurrection. At times none of the disciples understood what He was saying and why He must go to Jerusalem in the final days. He was fully committed to the Fathers will - even death, death on a cross! They were the darkest three days of my life, seeing Him tortured and crucified. Never was humanity at it's darkest than when His own people turned on Him.
The Early Church
25 April 2014
31 March 2014
Does this sound familiar? Similarly the Holy Spirit is our running guide, we run within our own lane by the Word of God, and looking to Jesus as our finish line. Your running guide is strong and faithful. And when you win, God wins!
27 February 2014
2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in 10 years? In eternity?