22 February 2012

CRAZY for God

CRAZY, in a positive sense, refers to passionate, enthusiastic zealous and devoted…

It reflects a person who goes to the extreme and beyond the expected. CRAZY people get things done. They inspire followers, challenge systems of thinking and bring a revolution.

Jesus was, in every sense of the word, CRAZY. He went against the culture of His day and set a new standard of living. He drove the religious police mad and picked a fight with the devil and won. Jesus was a revolutionary. He changed the world forever.

He broke all the rules, went against cultural norms and pushed the barriers. He gave EVERYTHING He had so others could live and be set free. He walked worthy of the calling. He blessed others when they reviled. He did not repay evil with evil, but loved all those who crucified Him. He was hated, despised, accused of evil, betrayed, rejected and sentenced to death for the crime of being the Son of God. What He lost, we gained. CRAZY…



Matthew 10:39 NIV
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.


Jesus calls us to be CRAZY. He left us an example to follow. To be radical and unashamed. To live a life totally against popular opinion. To live for Him and His ways. To be just as CRAZY and revolutionary. Not stupid and reckless Christians, but anointed and victorious in life. Jesus asked for EVERYTHING and expected nothing less. When you lose your life in Christ, you find true life.

It is a call to live OUTRAGEOUSLY in faith to the One who gave everything. Daily laying down our lives and seeking first the Kingdom of God. To put away our selfishness and let others needs come first. What we lose, others gain. To give away anything that hinders this pursuit. To abandon the evil things that this world honours. To lay down our lives daily and even die for His purposes if asked. CRAZY…

I’m CRAZY and I’m proud of it. I give sacrificially to church willingly and cheerfully. I give my time weekly to build and empower others in the Faith. I’m sold out to the gospel to the point no one can ever shake me from it otherwise. Even if I’m going through hell and it’s easier to quit, I’ll NEVER giving up my Faith in Christ. Everything I do is inspired and done to honour Him to build His Kingdom.

When others call me CRAZY it’s a compliment. The opposite of CRAZY is normal, indifferent and lukewarm. That is what scares me. To be another face in the crowd, heading down the current of the river with the world to ruin. But no matter what I go through, I choose to be CRAZY. How about you? Are you in?

Matthew 10:34-38 NIVDo not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ “Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.


Why be CRAZY?

God’s Word says we are to be CRAZY for Him in how we live. He did not promise an easy life but in fact the opposite – trials, warfare and persecutions. He calls everyone to make a stand and choose to follow Him. To leave behind family and friends if necessary. To be willingly to give up everything, take up our cross and follow Him. Just as He was CRAZY to save mankind who had rebelled against Him and made salvation possible, we are to be CRAZY for Him.

Jesus asked for EVERYTHING and expected nothing less. Every step of Faith should be one step closer to losing your life. The more of you, you lose, the more of Christ’s life you gain. The life your losing is not the life you want anyway – IN Christ is the real you who God created. We are to follow in the same footsteps as those who have gone before us:

• Moses was Crazy
• David was Crazy
• Peter was Crazy
• Paul was Crazy

In all truth, you need to be CRAZY for God. There is no other way. It is His way or the highway. To the measure you are CRAZY for God is to the degree that you are in the Kingdom of Heaven. You need to be CRAZY to be a follower, disciple and leader. To fulfill your calling and be found faithful and obedient. There is no other choice.

This week I dare you to be CRAZY. To live like Jesus and turn over tables in the face of hypocrisy. To go against popular opinion and to fight for the Truth in a world of lies. To make a stand in your Faith, no matter what the cost. To live radically and revolutionary. Because at the end of the day, you’ll be CRAZY not to be CRAZY…

No comments:

Post a Comment